Remember the mango black bean salad from last week? We thought it would be even better with some grain and a dressing — that is, we thought we might turn it into a main course.
Which we did:
Here’s the recipe:
Couscous and Fruit Salad
- 1 cup large-grain couscous, cooked, rinsed with cold water
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- cilantro to taste
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 blood orange (or regular orange), segmented
- fresh lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, olive oil (for dressing)
Combine all of the ingredients, except for dressing ingredients. Combine the dressing ingredients to taste (3:1 is the usual oil to vinegar ratio for vinaigrettes), whisk, and add to the salad.
Serves 4, we think, as a main course (we had leftovers).
The salad is bright and cheerful, much like these gorgeous flowers from HH and CK, who, along with Baby Q, were kind enough to visit us for dinner.