Sometimes, a person craves a smoothie. That time was yesterday.
I’ve never been much of a smoothie-maker, so please forgive the imprecision of the following recipe.
Drop of a Hat Smoothie Made with Ingredients We Already Had:
- 3 glops of vanilla fat-free Greek yogurt (please pronounce “yogurt” a la Alan Rickman in Love Actually)
- reasonable amount of skim milk
- 1 banana you accidentally put in the fridge
- couple packets of splenda
- frozen strawberries purchased fresh from Russo’s in the summer. (see our first ever blog post; fitting, since this is post number 100).
Put the first 4 ingredients in a blender. Pulse. Add strawberries a few at a time, until you reach your desired consistency, pulsing away as you go. We prefer our smoothies to be thick, but sippable through a straw. Serve immediately. Between the two of us, we finished the batch handily, so I have no data on how this recipe keeps in the fridge.
Cheers, Dear Readers. Happy 100.